Monday 2 March 2015

Tiger Hill


It's amazing how many people were at Tiger Hill at dawn to watch the sunrise, it's just a pity it was pissing down and foggy!!! Conditions were far from ideal, but I thought I’d give it a go anyway. Walking down the road from the summit the first birds seen were 2 Plain-backed Thrushes (this was the only time I could get my camera out – the weather was that bad). Eventually I made it to the track that goes through the bamboo forest, I walked this area for 3 hours until I was thoroughly soaked and headed back to Darjeeling. In the bamboo forest there were 4 Chestnut-capped Laughingthrush, 8 Grey-hooded Warblers, 7 Black-throated Tits, 10 Rufous-winged Fulvettas, 2 Blue Whistling Thrushes and a Buff-barred Warbler. I'm sure there was a lot more in there, but it was a real downpour coming down, and when I got down to Ghoom, it was flooded in places.

Plain-backed Thrush

No comments: