Wednesday 18 March 2015

Pelling

Dropped into a little gem of a place quite by accident, I started off by heading past the Helipad towards the monastery on top of the hill, but I decided not to bother going up a 1 km one in one track! However I did notice another track going down into the forest, so I birded this until it came to a dead end after 1km and then birded it back up to Pelling again.
An excellent bit of forest with a few small houses dotted about, in the 4 hours I spent here I got 5 Verditer Flycatchers, 2 Oriental Turtle Doves, 2 Little Pied Flycatcher, 2 Chestnut-bellied Rock Thrush, 3 Fire-breasted Flowerpeckers, 2 Striated Bulbul, 4 Olive-backed Pipit, 4 Great Barbet, 2 Grey Treepie, 6 Red-billed Leiotherix, 20 Chestnut-tailed Minla and a female Ultramarine Flycatcher.
Star birds though were 4 Yellow-cheeked Tits, having missed these at Neora Valley, I didn't think I would get another chance.
Had a quick look around the forest at Pemayantse in the afternoon, before a thunderstorm hit, and just had 2 Fire-breasted Flowerpeckers, 10 Chestnut-tailed Minla and 2 Great Barbets.
Yellow-cheeked Tit

Chestnut-bellied Rock Thrush
Chestnut-crowned Warbler
Great Barbet
Grey Treepie
Little Pied Flycatcher
Oriental Turtle Dove
Ultramarine Flycatcher
Verditer Flycatcher

No comments: