Thursday 30 December 2010

Rough-buggered Lizard.

Still stuck indoors (and getting really fed up of watching repeats of 'top gear' on Dave), lying on the couch and aimlessly staring out of the window - boring as hell, but my foot is looking a lot better. Boring, that is, until this morning when I picked up a soaring bird high over the house, my first thought was 'if I struggle to my feet to have a better look, it'll just be another Greater Black again'. As curiosity eventually got the better of me, managed to get to my Bins on the windowsill, and, standing on one leg, got a face full of a soaring Rough-legged Buzzard ! Then legged it into the garden (not really legging it on crutches !), armed with Camera and Bins - no sign ! Struggled to the front of the house and started scanning, then all the Geese, Ducks and Gulls freaked out at the end of Scatness, so presumably the bird sodded off that way.


Rough-legged Buzzard (sort of) - this bird was photographed in a different place, a different time, a different country, a different year, a different time zone and in a different moult (there, that should stop Mr 'Gallo Combibo' starting any shit stirring !)


'Cracking sunset, Gromit'