Sunday 19 February 2012

Banagartha

Went to Bannagartha Reserve this morning, south of Bangalore, at first the forestry staff wouldn't let me in on foot and was told I could only get in on a 'safary' bus that looked like something from Predator 2 ! So I did the only decent thing I could do - found the back way in and snook in from there ! The reserve is mostly gum trees and crap for birding, but I did happen upon an old mango orchard where the trees were in flower - bingo - birds everywhere. 1 Taiga Flycatcher, 1 Paradise Flycatcher, 1 Tickel's Blue Flycatcher, 1 Common Iora, 6 Oriental White-eye, 2 Black-headed Cuckoo-Shrike, 1 Shikra, 20+ Plain and Ashy Prinias, Spotted Owlet and 2 Large Cuckoo-Shrike. A quick stop at a roadside pond on the way back added nothing more than a Little Grebe and a White-browed Wagtail.
White-browed Wagtail
Black-headed Cuckoo-Shrike
Spotted Owlet



Taiga Flycatcher
The back way in
Anybody fancy a go at this ?

No comments: