Thursday 12 August 2010

Marooned

Got myself marooned on Mousa for the afternoon, not for the massive fall that had occurred (2 Willow Warblers !), but to increase the Mousa moth list. As this currently stands on 5, I was fairly confident of adding a few more, so with the aid of a net managed to add 4 more - Blastobasis lacticocella, Eana osseana, Bactra lancealana and an unidentified tortrix thing (which is currently living in a pot in my fridge). Back at home a Willow Warbler was in the garden chasing moths until about 11pm.


Mousa Broch.

Bonxie.



Willow Warblers.
2G, 2B.
Too Good - When I was a little kid, one of the highlights of the day was the TV programme 'Rainbow', I can't remember it being this funny or rude though ! (see here). "If you haven't got any balls, ask a friend can you play with his " - priceless !!!
Too Bad - The Willow Warbler in the garden was taken by a neighbours cat just after 11pm, flew all the way across the north sea, found a bit of sanctuary in my garden only to be killed by the little bastard ! It may be time to invest in an air rifle !

No comments: