Tuesday 2 December 2014

Scrub


Another day in Bharatpur, though this time doing the scrub and semi-desert areas, I quite like birding in these sort of areas – but I hate Acacias !! Plenty of typical scrubland birds around – Plain Prinias, Ashy-crowned Sparrow Larks, Chestnut-shouldered Petronias, White-eared Bulbuls everywhere and loads of Bluthroats, plus a rather nice fly-over Egyptian Vulture. In the more wooded areas I picked up a pair of White-bellied Drongos, and then a bit of a strange incedent occurred. Speaking to a visiting birder, who said that there was a Blue Rock Thrush at the nursery – why the hell would a Blue Rock Thrush be in a forest !? So I followed him down there and then he pointed it out – a Black-winged Cuckoo Shrike ! Erm...OK !

So it was back out to the scrubland for the last few hours, nothing new until the last half hour of light, when a smallish Falcon zipped through, I was fully expecting it to be a Hobby, until I got my bins on it – Red-necked Falcon – cracker !
Asian Pied Starling

Bluethroat

Black-winged Cuckoo Shrike

Ashy-crowned Sparrow Lark

Chestnut-shouldered Petronia

Egyptian Vulture

Red-necked Falcon

Indian Peafowl

Plain Prinia

White-bellied Drongo
 

No comments: